Sunday, July 31, 2005

Awash in Produce

CultureMaven Mom and CultureMaven Dad are taking off for a very long vacation. In August. And have I mentioned the giant vegetable garden kept by CultureMaven mom? This means a never ending flow of fresh grown tomatos, spinach, beets, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, spring onions, zucchini...this is the best thing ever. There's a price, of course, in that I'm taking care of the house for them. You know water the plants...and, ummm, well, that's prety much it. I guess that's really not much to ask, in the long run, for an unlimited supply of produce for several weeks.

As I stood there gazing at the plants, I started concocting in my head what I was going to do with them. Tomato salads. Tomato soup. Tomato and cheese sandwiches. Roasted beets. Roasted mixed vegetables. Big salads.

Mmmmmm...tomatos....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home