Saturday, November 05, 2005

Remember, remember

It's Guy Fawkes day. I don't know why, but I'm sort of fascinated by Guy Fawkes day. So, I guess, happy Guy Fawkes day?

Just some random things here. New word count posted at left. I feel good about it. I just spend a decent chunk of time writing, and spend to spend a substantial chunk of time tomorrow as well. However, I think I will betake myself from my domicile and find someplace else to write. Someplace without internet access of the constant staring presence of my television set. However, it's going nicely, I'm in a pretty good place with it.

Some other things:

1. I love Marueen Dowd. I identify with her. This article in the Washington Post just makes me like her more. I sort of like that she does what she does, and doesn't feel like she needs to have a particular ideology in order to back up how she feels about something.

2. I saw The Dying Gaul last night. Beautiful beautiful film, but missing something emotional at the core. I didn't really connect to any of the characters, and they did such terrible things to each other, that I was having difficulty feeling empathy for any of them. But I will say that Patricia Clarkson in da bomb. She is beautiful, and I can only hope to look that good when I'm that age. Also, the house in which Campbell Scott and Patricia Clarkson live, beautiful and antiseptic, has a pool I would kill for. One of those pools that seem to have no edge and the water just runs over the side. God, I love those pools. I coveted the whole house.

3. I finally got my ceiling fixed. Well, partly. It's been patched, and he has to come back a few more times to sand and put a skim coat of putty on, but mostly done. The big stuff. Though it was incredibly awkward to deal with the payments, since Paul and Kasha payed him directly, and I was like....uhhhhhhhh...AWK-WARD. Money complicates things.

4. I got a notification on Thursday that I have a job interview coming up. It was very weird, but I'm looking forward to it. Of course, my mom said, "Is this going to be another job you don't like?" and I was like, "I don't know until I go and talk to them, do I?" I mean, how do I know whether or not I'll like the job until I talk to them? Of course, sometimes you don't know until you're acutally in the job. But an interesting opportunity, nonetheless. It sounds like there's an information session I have to go to, and then possibly a long time of...who knows what? But should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home