Friday, August 05, 2005

Washington Post redesign

Now, y'all may not know this about me, but I am an unabashed fan of The Washington Post. It was one of the things I missed most when I lived out of the DC area, and, as you can see, it's the first link in my sidebar. I think the Post is an incredibly valuable local resource. Their online site is a constant souce of entertainment for me. So it's with trepidition that I hear that they are changing things. When they added color pictures to the front page, it was clear attempt to keep up with USA Today. When they added the Sunday Source, and moved the Carolyn Hax column into it, it was a clear play for under-30 readers (and, in fact, I have a friend who wouldn't even read the section, even if it did have recipes. So it's heartening that Hank Steuever, one of the best writers they have penned this screed about the Post's over-reliance on people who don't even read the paper to determine the direction of the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home