Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Poor Satorial Choices

I can't even begin to discuss the public dialog going on right now in this country, because I find it so embarrasing and distressing.

And, in order to relieve this distress, I am forced to make fun of people who work around me for poor satorial choices. I see it much more in the summer than I do in the winter - presumably because everyone is scurrying around covered up by their winter coats in the middle of January. But in the summer...out it comes. Now, the men pretty much look the same year round, so, unfortunately, there's not a lot to make fun of there. The women, though...

There's a woman who works on my floor, and she evidently has several outfits that consist of formal wool shorts, worn with a blazer (buttoned) and a scarf around the neck, white tights, and black shoes. She was standing by the front doors the other day and she was clutching, I'm not joking, a straw hat with a black grosgrain ribbon on it. I don't quite know what to make of this. She has sort of an equestrian kickiness to her, but it's the white tights that keep getting me. The shorts, which hit a little above the knee and are cuffed are also pretty questionable. I feel like she's from the eighties.

2 Comments:

Blogger mickey said...

SARtorial. satorial would be relating to zen buddhism. sartorial with an "r" is the fashion reference. don't get mad at me. mickey lovey youey. just helping. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger shimshamsean said...

I was noting the same thing... but on to a larger issue. I have no problems with the white tights it's mainly the woolen anything in addition to a scarf at this time of year that makes me think that her judgment has been impaired by either heat stroke or perhaps dehydration. Poor lady, you should help her.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home